Friday, December 07, 2007

One day at a time

Some days are easier than others. Today seems to be posing a bit of a fight.
**All the girls in this house did not stir until about 9 a.m.!!! Of course, I was one of those girls, so everything got pushed off.
**Because we came home so late last night, the kitchen wasn't clean; another delay in getting rolling with the day. So, no time to shower just wore whatever I could put together from the piles on the floor and began the mental plan for the day.
**The next threat of the day: spotting. I spotted this morning. No major bleeding, not even major spotting, but enough to shake our faith again.
**Our Christmas tree is sitting in the living room un-decorated. We decided not to buy a fresh one and use this one for the last time (hopefully) thinking it would be a smart budget move. So it's been put together for a few days now, but it is one of those pre-lit trees and, go figure, of all years this is the year where a whole section of the lights is not working.
**We are leaving town tomorrow. Ben has been looking forward for I don't even know how long to go to Rochester this weekend so he and Derek can drive to Buffalo and go watch their beloved Dolphins play the Bills.
**Heidi is ministering tonight locally, so we are going to see her. Another long awaited event that can't just be postponed. The only thing is that it means that all the house cleaning and packing needs to be done before the concert tonight.
**Very quickly all my visions of baking cranberry bread and getting my house pretty are vanishing as I realize how late it is and I don't even know where to start and I feel so exhausted all I want to do is crawl back in bed and go back to sleep!
HOWEVER, I must not, can not and will not forget that (as Smith Wigglesworth would say) "I am not moved by what I see or what I feel, I am moved by what I believe" and this is what I believe (well, one very tiny snippet of it, anyway):

"The Lord will work out his plans for my life—
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever."
Psalm 138:8

Now, why all of these things had to be testing me today, is completely beyond me! And as I calm down Adriana who is crying and wanting to nurse every five minutes, and settle Elena who if not taking every possible toy away from Adriana is tormenting the cat, I look up to Him who is my only source... this too shall pass and is nothing in light of His glory and eternity with Him. It is just one day... one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time... more importantly, one prayer at a time!


4 comments:

Maureen said...

I think it was Dee who reminded me that I just need to keep doing the next thing. The big picture overwhelms, but I can pick up that pencil off the floor and then wipe that runny nose, and then... and then...Having had many days like that I empathize. Your faith inspires many. With you in prayer~

Anonymous said...

Lord refresh and renew.....blessings on your weekend

Anonymous said...

I know you don't need me to encourage you here on your blog, however, here I am. You're my hero. Your faith inspires me every day. I appreciate the fact that your faith is packaged in quiet strength and unshakeable trust, not in a showy attempt at masking fear. I consider it an honor to hold your hand and walk through today. I love you.

Anonymous said...

we are still praying and believing with you...love corrie