Thursday, March 30, 2006

Faith

Last night was one of those long ones when Elena had a hard time sleeping and as a consequence so did we. It usually is not that big of a deal for me, a nap the next day and I´m good to go. Last night, however, so many thoughts kept assaulting me... lack of storage space, no sights of a house (or a bigger living space) but even if there were no money to put down towards it, going over budgets one time too many, the inminent arrival of this new little one and no bassinet (sp?) to receive them, etc., etc., etc. Hebrews 11:1 kept coming to mind:
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
But I am beginning to realize that the faith I need is not for the material things that we are presently missing and that seem so hard to obtain. At this point, what I am hoping for and what I can´t see is the strength and the joy to stay exactly where I am at. If nothing that I am waiting for, hoping for, believing for came, would it undo me like it did last night or would I find the joy and faith to still honor the Lord? I came accross this:
"The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see." (Heb. 11:1, The Message)
Right now, I can´t see how I can go through this whole thing until God provides, be it ten years from now or tomorrow and I realize that I where my faith needs to kick in.
******************
Anoche fue una de esas noches largas en que a Elena le estaba costando dormir y como consecuencia, a nosotros también nos costó. Usualmente no es gran cosa para mí, una siesta al día siguiente y ya estoy lista. Sin embargo, anoche habían tantos pensamientos tomándome por sorpresa... falta de espacio para guardar cosas, no hay señas de una casa (o un espacio más grande dónde vivir) por ningún lado y aún si las hubiera, no hay dinero para engancharla, parece que cada semana nos pasamos del presupuesto, la llegada de este nuevo bebito/a está cada día más cerca y todavía no tenemos moisés o cunita en qué recibirlo/a, etc., etc., etc. Hebreos 11:1 me vino a la mente:
"Es, pues, la fe la certeza de lo que se espera, la convicción de lo que no se ve"
Pero estoy empezando a darme cuenta de que la fe que necesito no es para las cosas materiales que nos hacen falta y que se está haciendo tan difícil conseguir. En este momento, lo que espero y lo que no puedo ver es la fuerza y el gozo para permanecer exactamente en donde estoy. Si nada de lo que estoy esperando, anhelando o creyendo, ¿me descomprondría como lo hizo anoche o encontraría el gozo y la fe para seguir honrando al Señor? Me encontré con esta versión de la Biblia al inglés que voy a parafrasear en español porque no tengo equivalente:
"El hecho fundamental de la existencia es que esta confianza en Dios, esta fe, es el fundamento firme que sostiene todo y hace que valga le pena vivir. Es lo que nos deja echar mano de lo que no podemos ver."
En este preciso momento, no puedo ver cómo voy a atravesar todo esto hasta que Dios provea, sea en diez años o mañana mismo y me doy cuenta que es aqui donde mi fe necesita entrar en acción.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. I know how you're feeling! And in the end, I realize that my baby needs so much more than a bed--he/she needs my heart, and that I can give, as long as it's not consumed in worry.

Will I see you this weekend?

Darlene Sinclair said...

Be blessed and check out this post -
http://www.truthforlife.org/growth.php?date=03-29&version=evening

(sorry I don't know the HTML for linking!)

Love you!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Right now I am consumed with stress as well. But, in the end- I want God to be honored through it all. I'm sure you know that He is testing your faith, Keila. He is known to do that with His children! Keep drawing near to Him... and He will draw near to you! My youth group leaders are struggling in finding a house, too. They have a son who is 11 months old, and now need a bigger place as opposed to their "little shoe box", (apartment). I'm sure they would covet your prayers. Thanks for the post! Much blessings! By the way, thank you so much for your
e-mail! It was a nice surprise!