* walk out of a store with a baby who lost a sock on a chilly day without even caring to go back and look for the missing sock.
*check the toilet in the downstairs bathroom (and the upstairs too, just in case) before using it to make sure there are no mice in it. Ben found one last week... yes IN the bowl.
*sit at a restaurant and play with the cardboard advertisement on the table (you know, those "cube" looking cardboard things that display their seasonal stuff), putting it on our faces and making noises with it without even thinking what the people around must have been thinking. Trust me, they were thinking, they were close enough to not be able to avoid the spectacle!
*take a diaper from a complete stranger upon realizing that I thought I stocked the diaper bag with two different sizes and finding myself with a naked baby and no diapers for her! It really has happened three times, except that the second time it happened at church so it wasn't a complete stranger and the third time I just made Adriana wear one of Elena's.
*be going over a mental checklist of stuff I was supposed to bring as we drive away from home and realizing that I never looked in a mirror and have absolutely no idea of how I look!
There are really many more stories like these that I'd be just too embarrassed to share!
4 comments:
Keila, you dear Mommy :) Yes, those are common scenes for me too. Today I am going to an appt that I showed up for last week...oops! I must say, Hannah is my Miriam and she helps me so much by thinking ahead and helping out. Just another Mom nodding her head and saying...I know, I know.
I frequently leave the house only to get to our destination and realize my shirt is stained, hair is messy, etc... I thought I was the only one!
HA!HA!HA! You made me laugh out loud - and I needed a good laugh today (thank you)! I could share a host of similar embarrassing 'mommy moments.' Couldn't we all?!
Love you~
Wait a minute! Slam on your breaks! Mothers aren't the only ones who happen to experience "los pensamientos revueltos"! Hahahaha! :-D "Blond moments" are frequent for me! I don't know how many times I have looked for a particular shirt....only to find it was already on my body! ¡Olvido muchas cosas....siempre las cambio de lugar sin recordar donde las dejé! ¡No se preocupe! We have all been there at one point or another! For some, they may experience it a little more often than the "average" person....(i.e. me!) A mouse in the toilet....hmmmm....interesting! That is the first I have ever read of such a thing! :-) Oh dear! Mickey & Minnie Mouse seem to wanna visit Elena often, huh? Don't mind my bad, dry humor. It can sometimes get carried away. I'm corny. One of these days, I gotta e-mail you a photo of me. I almost feel like we are those two people in the movie, "You Got Mail"! Not quite, but you get the picture, right? I hope you don't feel as though I am being a bit of a "metiche/entrometida" by reading your blogs. ¿Cómo se siente? I have been praying for you and Ben. Sorry for this lengthy message! Oh! When I type in Spanish, please pardon me for my formal sometimes, and informal structure of my sentences other times! I'm in the habit of writing informally. :-) Sorry to be all over the place with my thoughts....you really don't have time to follow me, nor read a "novel" called, "The Life of a Ukrainian Girl"! I have to study today for mid-term finals coming up next week! You take care of yourself, alrighty now?!
Post a Comment